Ramblings and rants about the amusing, stupid things that happen to me in and around Cincinnati.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

RIP Carrie

Last night, going to sleep, TV was on the news, as always...35 minutes set on the timer. Dozing off, I hear a body has been found in a Middletown Motel and identified as Carrie Roberts. That's my co-worker! I grab my Pocket PC and don't have her number. I throw on some shoes, my coat and run out to my car to get my cell phone. I call and it rings forever, with no answer. I run downstairs, get online to the news channel and find out the body had been found around noon. At that point, I could breathe, since I knew she was at work past noon.

Today, one of the first emails I received was from Carrie, titled: I'm Okay.

Thank God, it was a different Carrie! But not for that other Carrie's family. Rest in peace, Carrie Roberts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home