Ramblings and rants about the amusing, stupid things that happen to me in and around Cincinnati.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Rock Band, Guitar Hero & The Hiders

Wednesday, the night before Thanksgiving, I went to Candice and Jim's. We played four or five hours on Rock Band, the greatest game to ever exist! I got a blister on my thumb from the strut bar which turned into a nasty pulled-off-skin kind of stuff. Too much fun! Our band is named "The Blue Eyed Jews." We practiced over and over on Garbage's "I Think I'm Paranoid." We were going to unveil it to the masses at Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, the youngsters got ahold of the peripherals before we could, and they were awesome. Shit, Ian has a great future as a drummer, or guitarist, or vocalist. Long story short, we never got to perform...thank God...those three little kids completely ROCKED!

Candice and Jim moved out a few weeks ago and took the PS3 and Wii. But they left the PS2 behind. I brought it up to my room tonight and played three hours of Guitar Hero. I need to practice my licks for the next time we get to play Rock Band, I'm trying to use a pick since my thumb is so hurt. I started getting to the point where I couldn't play anymore and remembered "The Hiders" were playing at Northside Tavern at 10:30. I took off my jamies and jumped in the shower. Damn it, I've never seen them and I met Beth Tuesday at the Comet. She swore she would remember me.

This was my chance to see them live, so I drove the half hour to Northside. They were already playing when I got there 15 minutes early. WTF?

They were rocking the house. I've only heard one song by them, "You Can't Hurt Me Anymore." But, shit, the music was awsome!

During the break, Beth was talking to three to four people sitting next to me. Finally I became inpatient and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and yelled, "Rochelle, I'm so glad you made it!" We chatted and hugged, blah, blah, blah.

Shit, they are so awesome! Then I met a very nice gentleman, Maury. I invited him to come to O'Chucks tomorrow and I seriously hope he shows up. A great guy! He has potential.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home