Ramblings and rants about the amusing, stupid things that happen to me in and around Cincinnati.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

After Glow

Trying to get ready for Mom's funeral service...not really a service, but a celebration. We loaded songs on my iPod last night and Jim finished the DVD (not going to be a dry eye in the house).

Our family is so twisted. The last song on the list (only for the family to hear) is They Might Be Giants "I palindrome I." We were listening to CDs trying to find stuff for her and this song came on: "One day mother will die and I'll get the money..." Paul, Candice, Jim and I started cracking up and decided there will be one last laugh for her. She made us laugh until the end. At one point while she was dying in her hospital bed, her breathing became very strange. Then she opened her eyes and yelled, "Fake!" She wasn't dead yet, but she sure did make all of us in her hospital room laugh. Another time she said, "How did I miss the end of Survivor? Who won?"


Mom, I miss you so much. I want to tell you about Monday when you were unconscious and the stupid stuff we did. Elevator races; slowing down the revolving door (even to complete strangers); Dance Dance Revolution (Collin finally got to challenge Tyler); Ian is a dance machine; Trevor performing his "Way Sexy Girls" strut for you by your bedside (after he snuck over and gave you a last kiss); seeing a very sympathetic Elaine; Katy was with us that night; Vicky coming to your room explaining your "big floppy heart;" the chaplain face off...so much more but I can't think because I am so numb.

I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home