Ramblings and rants about the amusing, stupid things that happen to me in and around Cincinnati.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas Shopping

Candice found this on Mom's computer:

Christmas Shopping

What to get? What to get?
Not a problem
Go to the ‘net,
Look at everything
Then decide.

Lunch

The clock says “1:23.”
I like it when clocks are orderly like that
But it does mean
That once again
I have played on the computer
So long that I missed
Lunch.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Turkey, of course,
Mashed potatoes--
And gravy (of course)--
Dorothy’s corn casserole
Dressing
Cranberry sauce
Pumpkin pie and whipped cream
Waldorf salad (my favorite)
Next to the turkey (of course)

Shoes

New Balance
Adidas
Pumas
Penney’s
Sears
Whatever
Oh, well,
Just stick with
New Balance

Slap-Happy

Writing too much poetry
At one time,
I’ve found,
Can make you
Slap-happy.
See?

Rain

I woke up this morning
And it was raining.
Wonderful sound
I listened to it
A long time
And then
It gently lulled
Me
Back to sleep.

Internet

Where were you just 10 years or so
Ago?
Man, (no, machine)
You have almost taken over
Our lives.
e-mail, so much fun to keep
in touch with friends now
that I had lost touch with.
Shopping
Too much
But what fun when
Fed-ex brings
Everything from
Lobsters to
Harry Potter right to my door.
Research
Hours and hours
Both saved and spent
Making me a better-informed teacher.
I love you,
Mr. Internet Machine.

More Food

I could really do
With a ham sandwich
Right about now.
My choice, though,
Is turkey,
Turkey,
Or turkey.
What will it be?

Wind Chimes

The music of wind chimes outside my bedroom window
Is a symphony
Written by God
Delivered through the breeze.

Fairfield Commons

Oh, man, where should I park?
Close to Parisian
But not close to anything else
Except Penney’s.
Around back by Elder-Beerman?
Yeah, maybe,
Unless everybody else decided to park
There too.
Or down by Lazarus?
Which is also close to Liz Claiborne.
And the food court
(mmmmm, the soup store)
and Bath and Bodyworks
and the wonderful smelling candle store
and,
don’t forget,
Baskin Robbins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home