Ramblings and rants about the amusing, stupid things that happen to me in and around Cincinnati.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

They're Kind Of Sweet, Afterall


You should know by now that I'm kind of anti-orgnanized religion, agnostic, if you need a term. For the second time, I witnessed the Jesus People doing their walk around the water on Union Centre Boulevard. Actually, I forgot about the first time I saw it. There were these two guys at the bar pointing (at me) out the window, saying what the fuck is that all about?

Judy and I yelled, "It's the Jesus People."

Now, I had no idea what they were doing, but they carry around a casket, speak in microphones (with a P.A. system) and a poor little lady was pushing a walker at the end.

I realized, after their first round, I have a camera! They did their second round and I ran out the door to capture this. There was a family of four asking, "What are they protesting"? Of course I said something like, "They're the Jesus Group." Then a woman came out with an infant and said, "I can tell you what it is. We're a Catholic church group, trying to spread the word. Mary said to always Pray The Rosary on the 13th of each month. So, we come out here and Pray The Rosary on the 13th of each month May through October."

I thanked her and shook her hand for the explanation. Even though I'm this crazy, cynical bitch, it's nice to see some folks with such conviction!

God Bless You Jesus People.
(Note: not the best photo, but you get the idea.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home