Ramblings and rants about the amusing, stupid things that happen to me in and around Cincinnati.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Heard A Pop And Then The Steering Wheel Started Shaking

Was going to stop at Taco Bell on my way home and get a seven layer burrito. Then I realized there was a REAL (as close to real as you can get in these parts since I don't live in Santa Fe or Albuquerque or San Diego or Phoenix or um, maybe, Mexico) Mexican restaurant that can produce FOOD very quickly! I forgot to get peanut butter last night and didn't know what to do for FOOD. No peanut butter means no DINNER.

Pull into El Rancho Grande, go inside and ask how long for Chicken Chimmies to go. The response, "3-4 minutes." That's what I'm talkin' about. Who needs freakin' Taco Bell when you can get two chimmies, cheesy rice, chips, salsa & guacamole! Enough for lunch tomorrow; don't have to eat soup, Raman Noodles or tuna salad.

My brother gave me another section to add to the
gambling site on How to Play Caribbean Stud Poker. I'm very pleased with the way the site is coming along. Almost looks like a professional did it or something. My Indie site has suffered recently because all my time is being spent on the gaming site. I'm really going to try and write a review tonight! Just gotta see how much longer I can hold out before needing to snooze.

This morning on my way to work, I heard a pop from the front of my car while turning right. Heard it, but didn't really pay too much attention. About ten minutes later while speeding down the busy highway, my steering wheel started shaking--I mean crazy shaking.

I pulled to the shoulder and smelled smoke. Didn't know what was going on. I was afraid to get out of my car because all the cars and trucks were whizzing by at 70-80 miles an hour. Called my boss and told him something was wrong with my car. I think he thought I was bullshitting and just calling from home until I told him I was sitting on the side of the highway scared to death to get out and see if it could be just a tire.

Called Dad and said something like, "Dad, my car's messed up and I'm afraid to get out and I can't find the hazard lights and I'm freezing can you help?" Super Dad to the rescue...Dum, dum, dum, dum...do you hear the super-hero music playing?

We pull all the shit out of my trunk; juggling shit, scuba shit, fishing shit and FINALLY find the spare and jack. He cranks up my car with this stupid little jack and then; dum, dum, dum, dum; it starts rolling backwards. Must have been absent the day in driver's ed when they told you to put the e-brake on while changing a tire.

Jumped in the car and pulled the brake. Now, the jack is half sideways and he has to crank it back down. The jack pops out and snaps in two.

Anyway, he finally got the little stupid spare on. Yup, it's gonna cost me $500 for four
new tires.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhmm... is that the same scuba stuff I borrowed from you uhm, in May of 2004? heheheeheh

10:46 PM

 
Blogger Rochelle said...

Yup, the same stuff...wet suit, fins. Had to throw them out on the road.

It was sooooooo cold out there.

So, Nancy, you have a blog now?

Bwahhhhh hahhhhh hahhhhh

11:16 PM

 
Blogger Rochelle said...

Oh, yeah, BTW, when cleaning out my closet last month, I finally found my booties and diving log!

11:17 PM

 
Blogger Rochelle said...

Yeah, the tires are that expensive. Wal-Mart wanted $600 (and they don't do alignments). Tire Discounter $480 with a $70 alignment free. And, don't forget about the nitrogen they use for infalation.

11:19 PM

 
Blogger Rochelle said...

One more thing, these tires are a very oddball size with a V rating and everybody I talked to had to order them...none it stock because they're a weird size.

11:20 PM

 
Blogger Rochelle said...

Oops, one more thing, the brand is Toyo which is supposed to be one-kick-ass tire. Can't wait for my baby to get new shoes Friday.

11:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home