Ramblings and rants about the amusing, stupid things that happen to me in and around Cincinnati.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Scholarships, Web Pages And Search Engines

Tonight, we handed out the Kathleen Collins Roberts Memorial Scholarship at Winton Woods High School. The lucky recipient was Amber Turner, an aspiring writer whom Mom would have loved to have in her class. We managed to raise $1,000.00 and hope we continue for future years. Mom would love that we are doing this for a young creative writer.

We need those former students to kick in and start contributing so this can flourish. So kick it up former Winton Woods and Greenhills students who appreciated my Mom as much as I did (and still do). Thanks Mom; I love you. And, thanks Doug (my brother) for handling all the details. You did a great job!

I told Jim tonight that I had hosed all of the interior pages on the gambling tutorial site. Well, guess what? I fixed it tonight. I found the boneheaded mistake; I had deleted a line in the headers where it calls the name of the template we used. The line to the .css file was still there, just not the other line naming the template.

Checked my log stats on the gaming site and my poor, neglected indie site. I am very pleased with the results showing up in Yahoo. Even a few competitive terms. Now if Google and MSN would catch up, I'd be quite happy. Google has started indexing some from indie culture for really absurd terms, like one with an accidental typo, but I seriously think Yahoo is way more on the ball these days with newer sites. Not so long ago, before the alleged "Google Sandbox" you could get Google showing results in a couple of days. Not as quick as the glory days of Infoseek (1997?) when results would show in hours.

I need to go to bed now. Woo hoo, a three day weekend coming up. Just need to get through tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home