Ramblings and rants about the amusing, stupid things that happen to me in and around Cincinnati.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Bonnie & Clyde

Haven't written for a few days. Been slammed at work; not much time to play. Tomorrow is the one month anniversary of my mom's death. Not sure how I'll deal with it.

On my way home tonight, I was listening to my iPod and "Bonnie and Clyde" came on by Sergio Gainsbourg featuring Brigette Bardot. The first time I heard this song on WOXY (bam the future of rock and roll), I thought it was total horse shit!

But, after watching "Laurel Canyon" numerous times, one of my faves, it is a perfect song for a perfect scene. As a matter of fact, I may just go and watch this excellent movie again. One of these days I'll write a review on my Indie movies, dvd, tv, music, hi-tech site.

I had a bizarre memory tonight of when mom and I went shopping at the linen outlet store (shit, 20 years ago?). Long story short; waiting for the light to turn, some idiot ran the red light on the main road, hitting another car (with an older couple in it), their car spinned out and hit me. We had just bought a bunch of towels and the old man was bleeding profusely. We took a mauve-colored towel up to him to soak up the blood. And, for some reason, mom took it home and washed it.

A few weeks later, Doug and his first wife Elaine were staying at mom's. Before they got into the shower, mom handed Doug two towels, one blue and one mauve. He looked at the mauve towel and said, "What is this, the death towel?" He gave Elaine the mauve towel and said, "A blue one for me, and a pink one for you."

By the way, that old man died in the accident. As did Bonnie and Clyde.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home