Ramblings and rants about the amusing, stupid things that happen to me in and around Cincinnati.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Work Was Not Fun Today

Today was my birthday, and work sucked!

Anyway, the night got better as my daughter showed up at O'Chuck's with a pile of Chinese food. Shared the eggroll with Roxy. There were a lot of regulars there buying me beer (and shots) and I made it home without landing at the local police station. Also, Kat and I made amends...turns out it was just a stupid misunderstanding.

I love you Kat, and Roxy, Jim, Carol, Mike, Frank, Brad, Alicia, Roby, Sara, Bob, Melana, Dave and everyone else who helped celebrate my birthday. Thanks guys!

I feel so much better now.

On the way home, I listened to the same song three times; Get Out Of My Head by Firewater. I've written about this on my long-suffering site, but it just seemed to make me feel better tonight. Here's the lyrics:

Maybe I could be a billionaire
If I wasn't always broke
And I could be a comedian
If I wasn't such a joke
Guess I knew it all along
Being born's where I went wrong
I always took the medication I was fed
Get out of my head
Get out of my head

I could train to be an astronaut
If I weren't afraid of heights
And you know I could be a supermodel
If you turned out all the lights
But all my days are painted grey
And I got nothing much left to say
My ambition is lying underneath the bed
Get out of my head
Get out of my head

Hey all you prestidigitators
Why don't you disappear for good
'Cause Hitler could have been a mediocre painter
Instead of a supercrook
Instead of a supercrook

Maybe I could have a great career
If I could just hold down a job
Or maybe I could be a social butterfly
If I wasn't such a slob
I always wreck everything I got
On every bullet I ever shot
Missed the target 'til I finally hit the red
Get out of my head
Get out of my head...

In closing kids, I just want to "finally hit the red." Oh, yeah, GET OUT OF MY HEAD, already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home